Alabama Arise members have worked for more than three decades to build a brighter, more inclusive future for our state. And as the Legislature’s 2020 regular session starts Tuesday, we’re proud to renew that commitment.
Below, Arise executive director Robyn Hyden highlights some key goals for the session, including Medicaid expansion and untaxing groceries.
How you can make a difference
Together, we can turn our shared vision for a better Alabama into a reality. Here are three ways you can help:
(1) Become an Arise individual member. Numbers matter. The more members we have, the louder our voice for change is at the State House. If you’re not yet an Arise member, click here to become one today. If you’re already a member, please ask your friends and neighbors to join us as well!
(2) Talk to your legislators. Make sure your lawmakers know where you stand on our issues. Click here to sign up for our action alerts. And if you can, come meet your lawmakers in person at Arise’s annual Legislative Day on Feb. 25 in Montgomery. Click here to pre-register before Feb. 14.
(3) Spread the word about our issue priorities. The more people learn about our movement, the more support we gain. Read more about our 2020 issue priorities and share this information with your friends:
- End Alabama’s grocery tax and protect school funding
- Expand Medicaid to save lives and make Alabama healthier
- Fight harmful proposals to cut Medicaid, SNAP and TANF
- Why Alabama should fund public transportation
- Break down barriers to voting rights in Alabama
- Stop criminal justice debt from putting thousands of lives on hold
- End the injustices in Alabama’s death penalty system
- Stop the debt trap for payday borrowers
Together, we can make Alabama a place where everyone’s voice is heard and everyone has the opportunity to reach their full potential. Together, we can build a better Alabama!